Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling


The 8th book of the widely-acclaimed Harry Potter series. 

The story picks up nineteen years after Voldemort's defeat. Harry Potter is now a married man, a husband to Ginny Weasley. A dad to James Sirius, Albus and Lily Luna and the Head of Magical Law Enforcement.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling book review



Albus Severus Potter is the second child of Harry and Ginny. He seems like the entire opposite of what his popular and amazing father is. He seems to be having a hard time and worst of all he felt like he is sorted to the wrong house in Hogwarts. Albus Potter became friends with the son of Harry's worst enemy - Scorpius Malfroy, the only son of the bully Draco Malfroy. These two find an uncanny kinship with each other and they are bound to either prove the world that they are like their fathers or not.



I lurve the book. It gives me the same feeling when deeply involved in a Harry Potter adventure. The anticipation is  a killer and I did not mind being sleepless over this just so I could get to the end and see what happens. If good still vanquishes evil?



It has more new characters that add to the thrill and to the new problems Harry has to solve. Only this time, his family has gone bigger and he has more people who have his back. This time, the story does not just focus on Harry but on his son Albus and his son's best friend Scorpius. I think this two make a very good pair. They are right for each other, like peanut butter and jelly. They may seem like not the right mix but they are just what each other needs.



Ah, I can't say more. I am afraid I might totally spoil the book for those who have not read it. I guarantee, like all the Harry Potter books, this is a must-read. You will definitely miss a quarter of your life if you won't read this. It is just what all Harry Potter fans have been waiting for. The next chapter of Harry's life and even more fascinating challenges. I am going to shut up now as I may just really ruin it for you.



I give the book four elder wands. I would have liked it completely if it were not in a form of a script of a play. I agree with one of the reviews, if it were done in an old-fashioned novel, like all the other previous books it would have been perfect. 








No comments:

Post a Comment