Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

Mud vein is the black ribbon-like digestive tract on the back of a shrimp. 

This is my second time to read a Tarryn Fisher novel. I enjoyed Marrow so much that I decided to read another book of hers. What I like most about Fisher is her titles are so intriguing. Not unless you read her books, you would not know what they are about. Her books appeal to my curiosity and fan it to a blazing fire. Her novels have a dark kind of quality in them. Dark because they are often about the dark and sinister workings of the mind. Yes, liking Fisher is like being drawn to the dark side and it has been a unique experience so far.


Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher book review


Senna Richards is a reclusive writer. Then, one day, she woke up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, wearing someone else's clothes but they perfectly fit her. She explored the cabin and found a man from her past tied to the bed. Senna needs to find out why they were kidnapped and who kidnapped them. 

I was as clueless as Senna as to what is really going on. For the life of me, I can't figure out who kidnapped them. I was wracking my brain for some clues but I failed. I have no idea who the culprit was and was too shocked when I found out who it was. She never even came to mind. My head was starting to ache just trying to help out Senna figure out who the sadist was, the one who enjoyed to torture her mind. Thinking over and over of how she ended up in the cabin. 

I think the story took too long to wrap-up. It took too long to resolve that I thought they will never ever get out. There was also a point wherein I was deciding whether to put the book down and start something else. There was a dull point in the narrative that I thought would not end. But all in all, the story is interesting. I just wished it was more gripping.

I give it three shrimps. 



It's your darkness that pulls me in. Your mud vein. But sometimes having a mud vein will kill you.
- Tarryn Fisher, Mud Vein - 



No comments:

Post a Comment