Monday, February 20, 2017

Endless Winter (Guardians of the Light #1) by J.A. Armitage | A Book Review

Endless Winter (Guardians of the Light #1) by J.A. Armitage | A Book Review

This book was set in England. 

The start alone already had my heart racing. Like Anais confused, shocked and disoriented, I too felt like I was kidnapped and imprisoned in that room with her. It was a very stupefying start of a very interesting story. I liked how the author had me caught me unaware, right in the first chapter. Not knowing where the story will take me but none the less, believing that this should lead to more amazing revelations that will blow me away.

As I said, I could not make out what the story was about. And I say this as a compliment. Like Anais I had to wait until the facts and truth were revealed. I liked how the history of the Guardians of the Light came to be. It was very clever. This was a very well-written story that had a very believable background spun from a historical event.

I really had fun reading the story. It felt like I was right there with the characters freezing from the cold weather and liking the feel of snow. My only observations what that for one that was set in England and with all the other characters supposed to be English, I did not hear the accent or the common English expressions and words used in the story. It felt like all the conversations were of Americans, only they are in Britain instead of US soil. I wanted to hear the authentic English tongue. But other than that, it was all good. The descriptions and narrations were really detailed. I can easily picture out the scenes in this book.

I give the book 3/5 paintings of London. The feel of the English countryside was there but I just wished I could also hear the conversations in the British tongue. I did enjoy the story and I am looking forward to reading the next one. Hopefully, if it would still be set in England, I hope it would sound more English than American. This book probably had the best starting chapter. It stunned me and it took a while for me to recover from the shock. 



It really was the most awful feeling, and the worst part is, people keep telling you to get over it as if you are suffering no more than a common cold.
- J. A. Armitage, Endless Winter - 


No comments:

Post a Comment