Saturday, August 26, 2017

Age of the Ashers (The Petros Chronicles #1) by Diana Tyler | ARC | A Book Review

Age of the Ashers (The Petros Chronicles #1) by Diana Tyler | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

I read this in June but was unable to write a review right away in time for the launch of this book. I was in another city trying to find some luck and hopefully build a life there. As it turned out, it was not yet time but I will go back and try again. Now, I am back in my home turf and comfort zone. The next dilemma is to find what to do next.

I love mythology! I also enjoy any forms or variations of retellings of any mythological stories. So, I was so thrilled when the author sent me a message on Instagram asking if I wanted to read her new book. Of course, I said yes, without even thinking. I am thankful that I did because this was an enjoyable story.

My one observation that was hard to ignore was that it took a while for the revelation of who the ashers were. What their significance in this story is? The author took her time. I was so impatient to know who are these ashers and what's their story. Once that was out of the way, I fully understood the story and what the previous chapters were about. The story came full circle to me. The author made a good job of rousing my curiosity by giving me glimpses of events beforehand whose significance were not yet known to me.

This also reminds of Percy Jackson books. There are similar things in this book to that, such as the clueless main characters. Like Percy, Chloe had no idea she had abilities or that she came from a long line of people who are gifted with special abilities. The part about the Underworld also reminds me of one of Percy Jackson's quest to go into the Underworld. 

This is a very promising start of an interesting series. This piqued my love for all things mythology. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I am looking forward to getting to know more of the Ashers and of Chloe and Damian. I also love how the story started to unfold. Chloe's visit to the museum started the turn of events and I think it was just so apt that her discovery of her true self and identity would start from there. The secrets of the museum unlocked Chloe's family secret also.

I give the book 4/5 museum passes. I am looking forward to more of Chloe's adventures with Ethan, Damian and Orpheus as she unravels her family's secret and her role in the prophecy to save Petros and bring back the Ashers.

     
She marveled at the miraculous way hope could transform people, even if it was founded on nothing but delusion.
- Diana Tyler, Age of Ashers - 



Thank you again, Diana Tyler for the ARC. 




No comments:

Post a Comment