Monday, October 2, 2017

Liquid Cool: The Cyberpunk Detective Series (Liquid Cool #1) by Austin Dragon | A Book Review

Liquid Cool: The Cyberpunk Detective Series (Liquid Cool #1) by Austin Dragon | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

Hi Everyone! I  am still  playing  catch up with my  TBR and  reviews  that  needed  to be written. Something came up again and I had been devoting most of my time on that new endeavor for the past month. I am thankful that I have other things to keep me busy.

I read this book sometime in June. The author sent me a message through my blog asking if I was interested to review one of his books. As always, my answer was yes. This is a cyberpunk detective series. Thank you again, Austin Dragon for the copy.

This book had a slow start. There were some points where the I got confused because the shift in the conversation from one person to the next was not very clear. There were times I thought the narrator was still referring to this person when in fact, he's already talking about another one. It felt like he just rumbled on  without bothering to check if the person he's talking to is still with him or is still able to follow the flow of the story.

The interesting part of the story did not happen until almost to the last part which I thought was a good save. I almost gave up on this book. I just wished the whole book was like the last part. I wished the energy on the last part were maintained throughout the whole book. The last part was where I was able to enjoy the main character. His personality has finally shown and yes, I think Cruz may actually have a space in the detecting world. He has proven himself well for this first installment. I honestly want to know what else he has to offer and what adventures he has lined up. He is definitely a character who has an eye for other sort-of hopeless characters that he is willing to help, even offer a job. I am not sure if I like him but he has potential and maybe on his next adventure, he will start to grow on me.

I give this book 2.5 umbrellas.





How did you Sherlock Holmes all that?

If people spent more time with the "little picture", then the "big picture" wouldn't be so screwed up.
- Austin Dragon, Liquid Cool -
 

No comments:

Post a Comment