Saturday, August 26, 2017

Starr Lost (Starr Fall #2) by Kim Briggs | A Book Review

Starr Lost (Starr Fall #2) by Kim Briggs | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!


This is the second book of the Starr Fall series. The author was so generous that she gave me a copy of this book to review. Thank you again, Kim Briggs. I am also honored to be a part of your exclusive team of bloggers and reviewers - Kim's Rising Starrs.

The story picked up right where Starr Fall left off. The story focused more on Starr and Christian's developing relationship. How they crossed the line between two strangers in high school to people who trust each other with their lives. Christian is now heavily invested on Starr. Starr also is now so attached to Christian. This story also talked about Starr, Christian and their friends' plan to try to bring down the Organization. They wanted it to pay for all the crimes it has committed, especially for taking the young lives of Starr's two best friends.

A lot of revelations were in this book. Feelings, family secrets and other things. The ending was also very shocking and it left me thinking, how in hell did that happen? Definitely, the series is promising to be more suspenseful and I can't wait to read the next book. With that being said, I think I liked the first book than this one but the host of revelations had me wanting for more. The best part of this book was the ending. It was such an "OMG" moment.

One other thing I liked about this book was getting to know more of Starr friends--Di and Frank. These two put life into this story. Their personalities helped made the story less of a monotone. I am looking forward to still having these two in the next book. I am looking forward to their wisecrack comments and conversations.

I give this book 3/5  blueberry muffins. I am rooting for Starr and her friends to put a face  and name on the man behind the Organization and to expose them to the world for all the bad things they have done. This actually reminds me of the TV series Nikita. Nikita (Starr would have been like Nikita if she had accepted the Organization's offer) was trained by Division to become an agent. Division is similar to the Organization. It recruits and trains mostly orphans, addicts, and runaways to become agents for this super secret government organization. Division takes care of highly classified operations within the US and around the world. Later in the series, the head of Division turned rogue and started doing assassination assignments by whoever is willing to pay the price. I am hoping that the Organization is not a government sanctioned secret operation because it would a Herculean feat for Starr and friends to bring it down.




I envy these carefree people living their busy lives, with places to go and money to spend.
- Kim Briggs, Starr Lost - 

No comments:

Post a Comment