Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins | A Book Review

The title alone is enough to make me curious. 


I have read Lola and the Boy Next Door by the same author and I was so delighted by it that I told myself I need to read the rest of her books. I came upon an eBook copy of Anna and the French Kiss and I was so excited to get started.

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!




Anna Oliphant was sent to a boarding school in Paris for her Senior year by her father. She did not want to go but she had no choice. She did not want to leave Atlanta and her friends. She is sure she will stick out like a sore thumb in Paris. 

In the School of America in Paris (SOAP) she met new friends like Meredith, who loves to play soccer, St. Claire, the handsome guy with nice hair and a British accent to die for, Josh, the artist and his girlfriend Rashmi. These new set of friends help Anna manage her life in boarding school and learn the French culture. She even became best friends with St. Claire whom she feels there could be more, but there is a problem, St. Claire has a girlfriend. Will she ignore her feelings or let them out? How will she do that when she is in the most romantic city in the world?



Stephanie Perkins has a talent of putting a character who started as awkward and unsure in situations where she is demanded to rise up and show her true self. This has been a very fascinating read. It made me feel like I was back in high school. I remember how it was crushing on the cutest guy on the campus and how it felt just getting a hi or a hello from him when we met in the corridor. It made my stomach flutter and my knees weak. Oh, the glory of youth. This book makes me want more to go to Paris and the first thing I would do would be to find Notre Dame and wish on that star on Kilometer Zero. 

was not disappointed. I had the same elation and giddiness when I was reading Lola and the Boy Next Door. And I said to myself, so this is how Anna and St. Claire started. I like that the book ended in a way that there is a possibility of a next book or it could be just as it is but still feel that it is enough. It is not hanging or lacking at all.

I give the book 4/5 pictures of the Notre Dame Cathedral or four twinkling stars. Twinkling because that is how I feel while reading and after. It gave me this sense of having drank from the fountain of youth. I feel so young (like a teenager) and heedless again, full of energy and ready to conquer the world. How I wish it would be like that all the time. Nothing scares me and I can take on life without doubts. 




Welcome Stephanie Perkins to my favorite authors list.


Next book is Isla and the Happily Ever After. My hands are twitching. I'm sure, it's going to be another good night spent wandering somewhere without having to be physically moving. I'll let you know how it goes when I'm done.




No comments:

Post a Comment