Monday, April 1, 2019

Blood Rose by Danielle Rose | ARC | A Book Review

Blood Rose by Danielle Rose | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

It's Monday again and March has just ended. Another month is here. Another new beginning, another chance to start over, just like this story. The main character is in a way forced to leave home and start over in a way far different from what she knew. She had to live and trust strangers because the worst thing happened. She had become what she hunted and loathed the most.

Guessing from the title, you wouldn't think this is a paranormal story but the cover does say that it is. With that ball of light, it's kind of a giveaway, right? The main character, Avah, was the chosen one of her people. She was supposed to lead and be the most powerful witch. One who can master all the elements but that changed. And now, she felt so alone and abandoned by her family. Cast out because she failed them. Now, she's forced to live like the people she was born to destroy and she's one of them now. There's no turning back. What a cruel fate, right?

Yes, this book is another vampire versus witches story but what sets it apart is the part that Avah could still be the chosen one of her people. She could still be what she was meant to be. Only now, she's got a boost. She's a better version of herself even if it's not what she wanted. She had to live and the choice presented itself, so she took it. I guess, this is just how her life is meant to be. This is how fate wanted it to be and she had to learn the new way to live to prove to her family that she's still the same though physically she's not anymore. 

There are a lot of surprises in this story. Even the ending was a surprise and it explained the title which to me is a revelation in itself.  How Avah's character had to grow here is very interesting. How she had to embrace a new way of life yet still feel like she could still be her old self and tap into those abilities is very important. The core of her being, her essence, is still there and that's what makes her so dangerous and deadly. As I have said, she got a boost and now her abilities as a witch just got intensified and amplified. 

This is a very interesting and engaging start to a very intense series. Avah's character transformation alone is already very powerful and this book just started. What more could it offer in the next installment? What revelations could it still unravel? Yes, I am expecting to be blown away in the next book. I expect the same intensity, if not, more. From here on, I don't know how the story would go or turn. I can't get a glimpse of the mind of the author. This is beyond me. My detection abilities don't work here as much as reading a thriller or a suspense. This is supernatural and there are a lot variables here. Any minute, a new character could be introduced and my theories would all be undone. That is if I have one and I don't. I am working blank here and I look forward to be surprised and amazed in the next adventures of Avah and her new found friends.

With that said, I give this book 5/5 very red roses, as red as pulsating blood. Thanks again, Oftomes Publishing and Danielle Rose, for the ARC. Sorry for the delayed review. I've read this late of 2017, a few days or weeks before this was released but I was not able to post a review right away. I know it's very late but here it is. I really enjoyed this. Thank you so much!


All I want is to take this fragile part of you that you so generously share with the world and protect it. Shade it from the sun yet hide it from darkness.
- Danielle Rose, Blood Rose -





No comments:

Post a Comment