Monday, September 25, 2017

Paperlesspost.com | Online Invitations | Experience Review


Paperlesspost.com | Online Invitations | Experience Review by iamnotabookworm!

I got a message on my comments portion on one of my review posts asking if I wanted to collaborate with a site and talk about my experience using it. This is a first time for me to be approached for a possible collaboration. I was shocked, at the same time honored. I thought, this might be my chance of expanding my book blog and finally pave the way to get paid in bucks. Maybe, finally this is my chance to earn from blogging, aside from just getting free books and goodies. So, I immediately emailed the person back and asked for details. I agreed. This seemed like a great opportunity to let pass. 

As you can see on my post banner, I was asked to review paperlesspost.com. Yes, it's a legit company with offices in New York. They specialized in online invitations for all occasions. If you sign up and make use of their services, your invitation would also include a tracker for all those who agreed to attend and those that declined. Seems pretty convenient, right? This is very useful especially for those occasions like weddings and conferences where you have a lot of people attending. You need not worry of keeping track of who's going or not. It also includes a registry for gifts if you prefer to include one. Not only that, it will also provide directions so your guests won't get lost in going to the appointed venue. So, what are you waiting for, the next time you want to have a birthday party and want to send invites, just go to paperlesspost.com.

To have a real feel of what the site offers, I decided to try it myself as that was what was required of me. This collab offer came to me before my birthday so I thought I might have to pretend I'm going to have a party and send invites (Birthday Invitations). I started to choose probable designs for the invites. I even favorited those I really like. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish to customize the invite. In the end, I decided to pretend that I am getting married. Yes, it's every girl's dream, right? I dreamed of that day too. So, I seized the opportunity to make my Save the Date cards and my Wedding Invitations. I'm so excited!

I am imagining my future husband looks like Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins of Friday Night Lights) or Chris Evans (Captain America). The wedding would be in an island resort here in my city. I wanted so much a beach wedding. This is what I came up with for the save the date cards. I need to send save the date invites since the location is about a three-hour ride from the city and also so my friends would be able to mark their calendars early and not miss this greatest event of my life. And since my some of my friends and my husband is not from the same country, they need their passports. I don't plan to invite a lot of people. I want an intimate celebration so only really close friends are invited, maybe around 50 guests. A hundred would be the limit, that is taking into account the number of close friends and family of my husband to-be.


The invite can be customized according to your tastes. There are free templates you can use. There are even templates designed by famous designers like Kate Spade, Oscar de la Renta and many more. You can take your pick. I first browsed through the selections of designs and then marked or favorited those I liked. I then decided to pick one for the occasion I have in mind. You can create your own text you want to put in the invite. You can even include your couple photos. I actually wanted to put one of me and Taylor but it required a lot of editing so I skipped it. You can also upload you own design if you have a very specific design in mind for your invitation. 

Navigating the site is so easy. It's a no brainer. It's very user-friendly and you can go back easily to the previous screen if you want to change something. You also see how the invite will look like instantly right after you make any particular changes. The best thing, the site auto-saves the last edit you made to the invite. I played around with the design elements they incorporated like the envelops, the font, color, envelop liners and it was so much fun. You do not need to be a designer or require the services of a card designer to come up with the card that is up to your standards. Just browse through the wide selections of invites for all occasions and you're good to go. One more thing, you can also opt to send printed invitations. There is an option that allows you to have the invites printed and you can send them to your friends' addresses via post or hand-deliver them. 

So, here is how I created my save the date card.

This is the screen where you edit the text of the card. There are options for a motif and a logo, an additional card if you wanted to include more text and a photo card. The card costs at least 2 coins for each guest to be sent the invite. If you want to add more customization elements to the card, you will be charged accordingly for each design element.



The online invitations also include envelops. I wanted to have my envelops with liners and I chose a design with fireworks. Duh, big event, wedding!


You can also choose from among the stamp and postmark designs to put on the back of the envelop. I chose a stamp with two champagne glasses and the postmark of my favorite city. If you are from Seattle, Washington or San Francisco, they also have customized postmarks for those cities.


You can track the number of invited guests attending. The invite includes an RSVP reply card or you can choose from the other options provided.


The site will then ask you to fill in your details and the guest list and their addresses (email or physical) depending on your choice of type of invite. The site will take care of tracking the number of those who RSVP'd. You can also check if some of your friends sent you messages or inquiries about the party. Your friends, will receive an animated online invitation when you send your invite. They will see all the elements you have included in your design like the envelop and the liners and additional pages that contain photos and other texts. Amazing, isn't? It's not some flat lay invite but with animation. The site provides a preview of the card you have created. You can also watch a preview of what your guests will see once they get your invite. 

Just click on the picture below and you will be directed to paperlesspost.com. Click on the preview guest experience link to find out what it feels to get an invite from paperlesspost.com.


Here is the wedding invite that I have created. I dreamed of a beach wedding so I added a water backdrop to the invite. The template I chose is also a beach theme.



For the RSVP card, I added a design of blue flowers. Yes, my motif is blue. 





And since it's a wedding, I added flowers for the envelop liner for a more romantic feel and because to me weddings mean more flowers.



I added another New York City postmark and a beach stamp. You can also choose from various font styles.



All in all, it was a fun experience designing my save the date and wedding invitations, though it was just make-believe. As I said, the site was so easy to navigate and there were no delays or gap between choosing a design or an additional element and seeing how it will look like. The application of an added liner or change of font style is instantaneous. If you have questions pertaining to shipping of printed paper cards or the fees, they also provide links to answer those questions. For now, Paperless Post is only available in the US, Canada, UK and Australia. Since, I am from the Philippines, I can't have printed cards sent out yet. As to the payment, what is so good about the site is that it shows how many coins each card will cost you for each recipient. Every time you change or add a design element, and if there's an added charge for it, it will immediately reflect on the upper right side of your screen. You won't be misled or anything. You can readily see how much each card will cost you but keep in mind that the cost is per recipient. The site offers the coins in packages from 20 coins for USD6 to 5000 coins for USD325. Credit cards can be used to buy the coins.



Paperless Post is a very convenient way to DIY your invitation cards for whatever occasions. You can add your own photos to customize it or you can even upload your own design. Tracking the sent invites and the responses is also an added ease the site will readily take care for you. Now, managing parties and events you organize will be such a breeze with Paperless Post. So, log into the site now and sign up. You can start customizing on the invitations you need for the next party or celebration you are having. 

If I have known of this site when we were planning for the opening of my sister's small store. I would have done the store opening invites and the fliers on paperlesspost.com. The next time my sister or someone asked me to create an invite for an occasion I will definitely go to paperlesspost.com and create the invitations from there. It would totally be less stressful and a lot easier. 



1 comment:

  1. birthday invitation ecard
    Create your custom invitation e-card, Online Invitation Maker, paperless invitations, and party invitation ecards. For more information About Engagement Invitation Video make visit us.

    ReplyDelete