Monday, September 18, 2017

The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan | A Book Review

The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

This book had been in my TBR since last year. I can't remember anymore how I got this. I was looking for a light and easy read and I saw this on my TBR. I am sure, there are more books in my TBR that have been there for quite a while and some may have been forgotten. Slowly, achingly and hopelessly, I'm trying my best to read as much as I can. I think by the end of the year, I will have read 200 or more books and that is clearing a lot on my pile. Hopefully.

This is my first time to read a Kendall Ryan so I don't really know what to expect from this book. The title seems fun so I'm hoping this is going to be one since I am looking for a light and enjoyable read. As it turned out, just from the first chapter, the story was already promising to be an entertaining one. How can it not be entertaining when it's about a guy soon to be getting a large inheritance but under one ridiculous condition? He has to get married within six months. This premise would make anyone really curious how the next chapters would turn out.

The guy is Sterling Quinn. Cocky and very confident. He goes through girls like changing underwear. Then, enters Camryn. She's a friend of Sterling and it's now her job to look for a suitable wife for Sterling. Camryn has a crush on Sterling but he's off limits because Camryn does not need to go through a broken-heart caused by Sterling. The guy is definitely bad news. As soon as I read this, I immediately know what is going to happen. Camryn and Sterling working together will definitely lead to something and I was not wrong. These two were drawn to each other and none of them could help it. Yes, the story was very predictable right after Camryn accepted the job to be Sterling's matchmaker. The only question after that was how will Sterling convince Camryn that she should marry him.

This was entertaining enough but the story was not that deep or very unique. It was a good enough read to pass the time. Not emotionally draining or anything that will require a lot of emotional involvement which exactly fits my need for that moment. A light read that does not require a lot of expectations. I give this book 2/5 discs. I wish there was more to the story. I do admit, I liked the premise of Sterling having to find a wife just so he could claim the inheritance. I have read a similar book and it was far more interesting than this story. And I really liked what the quote below said, though I hope that it goes without saying that you fight for what you want like a wild grizzly bear, relentless and mighty. But make sure that you are not hurting anyone in the process, because if you are stepping on toes then that's definitely a different animal. 


If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly. Go after what you want. Fight dirty. Get it. Make it happen.
- Kendall Ryan, The Fix Up -  



No comments:

Post a Comment