Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Exploding Sky (Sons of the Sand #4) by Kimberly Loth | ARC | A Book Review

The Exploding Sky (Sons of Sand #4) by Kimberly Loth | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!


Mother of Goddesses! I can't believe this series is over. The adventures of Gabe and Liv are over. No more running, lies, and secrets. Everything has been revealed and laid out. Anyone that has been hiding a secret has confessed. And my goodness, they were all so shocking and so jaw-dropping. Until now, I am still shaking my head in disbelief. 

True that, this book concludes the four-book series of genies and adventures. If you haven't started this series, start it now. Right at this minute. You will definitely not be disappointed. If you love magic, love stories, mythical or magical creatures, then this is the story for you. It's so enjoyable that you will find yourself stepping into the shoes of Liv and get carried away by all her experiences, worries, and adventures. A lot of characters here may seem ordinary and not note-worthy, very unassuming characters that will definitely surprise you. 

I have read this from the first book and now, this last installment. I have accompanied Liv in all her confusion, her exhilaration, her doubts, and all her fears. If I did not want to be Liv, I'm her older sister who wanted her to succeed in all the challenges that have been thrown to her throughout this story. Her character had developed beautifully as the story progressed and had come to terms with the changes and revelations that were part of her identity. She had surprised all those who wanted to hurt her and had tried so hard to protect those she loved. Here is another teen heroine who took me to various adventures, made me fear for her life, and have made me cry with her. It's sad that this story is ending but it ended with a lot of fireworks that I almost had trouble keeping up because they just came out right after the other without the chance for me to even breathe or think through them. 

Again, classic Kimberly Loth with all her surprises coming from everywhere will bombard you endlessly. I did not see these surprises, especially in this last book coming. Never ever. I have no idea. They were totally out of the blue. They just came down raining faster than you can say "What?" Yes, you will end up saying the word "What" again and again because of the numerous secrets and people owning up to secrets right after the other, literally. That was the best part of this book and I want to relive those moments again. Very priceless. I've never been hit with these multiple revelations before. Totally a first and a one-for-the-books kind of experience. 

I only expected that the book will end happily ever after and that the villain will be extinguished. Those expectations were met but what blew me entirely was it was more than I could ask for. Freaking absolutely beyond my imagination. I never ever thought of those twists to come flying right out to me like Aladdin's magic carpet. It was super fantastic. Literally and figuratively, the sky has exploded in this story. 

And with that said, I give this book 4.5/5 voodoo dolls. I love the surprises in this story and the whole series in general, but I think it's slightly not as emotional as the Stella and Sol series. This is a very good series and I did enjoy it but I just love Stella and Sol even more. I think the Stella and Sol was a more mature story than this one with a lot of depth and drew a lot of difficult and complicated emotions from me. I know where the differences lie between this and the former series and it's also because the main character of this story, Liv, is a teenager and her experiences and what's expected of were totally different from that of Zwaantie, but I just can't help but compare the two. Stella and Sol is deep and complicated and this one is loads of fun, lighter. This did not mean that this story disappoints. No, far from it. I absolutely love this, though I did point out a few things that I would have wanted to be more on this series. Nevertheless, this book ended with major fireworks which is just beyond any I could ever imagine. And fireworks are always grand.




Mother of Goddesses!
- Kimberly Loth, The Exploding Sky - 



Thanks again, Kimberly Loth for the ARC. I'm looking forward for the next series that will again take us to another adventure and get me to meet new characters and creatures. Congratulations!


Other books in the series:

The Smoking Lamp (Sons and Sand #1)

The Blazing Glass (Sons and Sand #2)

The Glowing Sands (Sons and Sand #3)



No comments:

Post a Comment