Monday, March 6, 2017

Death Unmasked by Rick Sulik | A Book Review

Death Unmasked by Rick Sulik | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm

The author of this book sent me a message last December 2016 through this blog asking if I wanted to review this book. I read the blurb and agreed. I love reading detective stories, crime and mysteries so this book is right up my alley.

I have not heard of Rick Sulik before he messaged me. This story is a mix of crime with verses of poetry thrown in the right places and of superstition. This story talked about reincarnation, past lives, and retribution for the wrongs done in the previous lives. It touched on karma. The sins of past ultimately have a way of catching up to make amends. 

At first, the style of writing threw me a bit but eventually, I got used to it. The mix of reincarnation in the plot was a really good surprise. It gave the story a different and distinct flavor. I love happy endings and righting wrongs so I was really rooting for Sean Jamison to find the killer and make him pay for all the crimes he has committed. And to finally be reunited with his long-lost beloved Laura. I liked how the story ended. 

My only concern was the story started a bit slow and I think it took a bit for the past and the present to converge. But the author made up for it when everything was thoroughly explained near the end. 

I give the book 3.5/5 red coats. The reincarnation bit was really fascinating. I wish in real life we could remember a few things in our past lives to at least understand a part of ourselves. I would love to remember who I was and what happened to me in my former lives if reincarnation were true. And if there is that one person for me like Laura and Sean, I too would want to find that same person in this life.


...why would a perfectly healthy individual commit suicide while a terminal cancer patient fights to survive every day?
- Rick Sulik, Death Unmasked - 

No comments:

Post a Comment