Friday, December 2, 2016

Rune Sword (Rune Series #1) by Amelia Wilson | ARC | A Book Review

Rune Sword (Rune Series #1) by Amelia Wilson ARC Book Review

In as much as I have read about 22 books last November, still, there were a few that I was not able to read in time and squeeze in. This book was one of them. I got this ARC and had not read it until the last day of November. Sorry, Amelia Wilson but better late than never, right?

Rune Sword. This book made me sorry why I did not read it in time for the release day. This is a book about Norse mythology and I am such a sucker for mythology. Norse mythology and vampires, what more could I ask for? The background story and how vampires were inserted into the story was very smooth. I am not so familiar with the Norse god and goddesses. The only ones I know are from the Thor movie franchise and a few from Rick Riordan's Sword of Summer. Very limited, which I guess why this book impressed me. But honestly, I am not easy to impress. I have read a lot of books and have become critical of the stories that interest me or not. I have read a few books that I did not finish because they bored me or the writing was not as seamless. This book, however, hooked me right on the first lines of the first chapter which made me more guilty why I hadn't read this sooner. I am looking to reading the next installment. I hope there is one.

I think the combination of vampire and Norse mythology really worked in this book. I thought it was a very weird and unusual combination but I ended up shaking my head and unbelievably applauding the author for coming up with this superb twist. I am so freaking impressed! I could not say it enough. It was a very dangerous stunt to pull but it grandly worked. I just wish that it included pronunciations for the names and Swede terms used. I thought Twilight ruined all the vampire books for me but this book just changed that. I really enjoyed this. Very well-put together. I am genuinely happy that I decided to get my hands on this book. This is again one of those books that found me. Thank you so much, Amelia Wilson, for this great work. Please say there is a sequel. 

I give the book 4/5 rocks with rune inscriptions. Now, I am giving myself an assignment, to get familiar with Norse mythology as I have with Greek and Roman. This book reminded me of my interest in mythology and I have not read any for the past few months. I think I will have to look into my TBR again and make sure that I have at least one book for each genre and topic that interests me. 




Release Date: November 16, 2016

Thank you again, Amelia Wilson for the ARC.


Rune Master (Rune Series #2)Rune Hunter (Rune Series #3)


No comments:

Post a Comment