Saturday, May 6, 2017

Bad Nanny (The Bad Nanny Trilogy #1) by C.M. Stunich | A Book Review

Bad Nanny (The Bad Nanny Trilogy #1) by C.M. Stunich | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!



Bad Nanny 

by C.M. Stunich 

(The Bad Nanny Trilogy #1) 



Publication date: November 22nd 2016

Genres: Comedy, New Adult, Romance




“He’s a bad boy … and a nanny.”


Holy sweet baby Jesus.

I don’t know anything about taking care of kids.
I pierce nipples, navels, and noses for a living.
I’ve never even held a baby before.  Not once.  Never changed a diaper or cleaned up a skinned knee.  Hell, I don’t even want kids.  I’m more of a drifter, a once in a lifetime lover, and then I move on.
Family?  Commitment?  Nuh uh, no way.

Tough sh*t, though, because my brother and his kids need me.  Desperately.
I never thought to wonder if I might need them, too.
That I might need her, this strange woman I met at a playground.
Brooke Overland.
She doesn’t know I’m not a professional nanny, but what am I supposed to do now?

She hired me; I took care of her sister’s kids for her; I f*cked her.
My life is so screwed-up.



Nanny - noun: a person, typically a woman, employed to care for a child in its own home. So, what do you call a guy, tattooed and pierced, who is tasked to look after six kids? Wait, he knows nothing about kids at all, except that they are little devils. This sounds like a disaster-in-the-making. A  very, very bad idea. 

Zayden and Brooke are both thrown into a situation by their siblings without a choice. Zayden, being the only person his brother can depend on, was forced to look after his two nieces and twin nephews. His brother and his wife needed to fly to South Africa because his sister-in-laws parents were in an accident. Brooke, on the other hand, is a student finishing her Masters, forced to pick up the responsibility of her drug addict sister who went off with her boyfriend. Brooke can't just leave her two nieces, so she took the responsibility of mothering them. 

Of these two, I felt sorry for Brooke. She seemed like she was dealt with a bad hand. She had to juggle school, with taking care of her nieces and finding a job. As with Zayden's case, I was more worried for the kids. For their well-being under their care-free uncle. But in the end, it all worked out. As it turned out, Zayden actually gained a lot of perspective and learned a host of things from his experiences with the little devils. Zayden, is all just roar and no bite. He is a toughie outside but is actually a softy with a heart as soft as a marshmallow and a real good guy. It took six rowdy kids and a clueless girl to make him see things in life differently and change his lifestyle. 

Ah, Zayden is such a darling. I'd take his tattoos and piercings over a clean-cut guy who only cares about himself. Zayden, even with his happy-go-lucky lifestyle, he would leave everything to rescue his brother who needed a hand. His mouth could fill a curse money jar to the brim but he has a weakness to women in distress. He calls it a white knight syndrome. He will drop everything without bashing an eyelash to help any woman in distress.  I would volunteer to experience this white knight syndrome thingy first hand. And he is a natural with kids. Who wouldn't want that in a guy?

For all the unfortunate things that happened to Brooke, meeting Zayden was the best thing. Zayden turned out to be his knight-in-a-shining-armor, literally and figuratively. He was all she needed to survive the fate that was forcibly entrusted to her. 

I really enjoyed reading this story. Zayden is a character you can't help but fall for. I would love hear more of Zayden. I give this book 3.5/5 trampolines. Like just jumping on a trampoline, the jumping will wake up all the blood vessels in your entire body. This story did just the same. This will make you feel alive whether with amusement or of being in love with Zayden. The kids are so cute also. I love Sadie, the most. She is such a sweetie. I can just imagine pinching her cheeks.




Adulting. The act of being a boring, tightwad with no personality and nothing to do but bitch.
- C. M. Stunich, The Bad Nanny - 



Thank you again, Giselle of Xpressobooktours for the copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment