Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Four of Clubs (War and Suits #3) by J. A. Armitage | A Book Review

Four of Clubs (War and Suits #3) by J. A. Armitage | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm

It felt weird for me getting on to this story because I don't have book two-Three of Clubs. I felt that the first book had a few loose ends that needed to be tied and my not knowing what happens after is bugging me. While waiting for Three of Clubs to be on sale, I decided I just have to get on with my reading of this series. 

This is the story of Tarragon Brodie Club. The third from the youngest of the Royal Clubs Family. Tarragon is the usual pretty boy, spoiled and treats women unfairly. Until, he met a new girl who is not falling for his charms. Tarragon is bound to learn his lessons the hard way in this story.

As I said, Tarragon is the typical good-looking, rich and confident guy. But he now meets his match. A girl who is so pretty yet immune to his charms. It was so amusing to see Tarragons so confused and baffled why this girl seems to hate his guts. This was like a cat-and-dog-fight kind of love story. Girl hates guy. Guy wants girl but realized that she is not exactly the girl for him. And in the end they found that they are not what they seem to be. This story will tickle you and can't help but root for Tarragon. You will hope that Tarragon will have a change of heart and realize that beauty within is the most important feature of a girl. And that looks definitely is deceiving. You will definitely fall in love with Tarragon in this story. He has bared his insecurities and fears and made him just like any ordinary boy. 

I give this book 4/5 treasure maps. The best part of the story was being shown into The Urbis University and some interesting places in Vanatus. The clever and impressive features like the university elevators and that magical gate in Diamas were fascinating. I wished they exist in real life. I had fun accompanying Tarragon and his team looking for the clues in the different magical places in Vanatus. It was indeed an adventure. And most of all, it was astonishing to see Tarragon transform from a boy to a man.


I felt strangely good about myself. It was a weird sensation, putting someone else's feeling before my own. I'd never done it before. The pain of giving up Izzy was massive, like grief almost, but I'd never had her in the first place. The pain almost felt good.
- J. A. Armitage, Four of Clubs -



Thank you again, J. A. Armitage for the copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment