Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Kiss Me in the Rain (Destined for Love: Mansions #2 ) by Lindzee Armstrong | ARC | A Book Review

Kiss Me in the Rain (Destined for Love: Mansions #2 ) by Lindzee Armstrong | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!


Kiss me in the rain. Sounds like a title of a song or a lyric. The fact that it sounds so romantic gives it an even more graceful ring to it. Have you imagined yourself being kissed in the rain? Or have you actually done it? And how was it?

I have not been kissed in the rain. I don't know if that is unfortunate but at least I know how it feels like because of this story. But then again, bridging the great divide between reality and imagination is an entirely different story.

This is a sequel to Kiss Me in the Moonlight. Another title for a song, right? Anyway, this story features two characters who were in Kiss Me in the Moonlight--Layla and Tyler. After spending their summer in Paris as tour guides, these two decided to go back to the US. Layla went back to her home--Cypress Grove. A mansion which is often a venue for parties of the elite. Tyler quit grad school and decided to follow Layla to her hometown.

This is my nth book from Lindzee Armstrong. I didn't realize that I was slowly becoming a fan of this author. It does help being a member of her ARC team. It was one of the first few groups that I signed up for. At first, I didn't know what it all entails but I just read her books which I get for free. No regrets there. I did enjoy her clean and sweet stories. They were easy to read and very relatable. Feel-good reads and very easy to finish in one sitting. Without me knowing, Armstrong's stories became my go-to when I feel like I need to feel good and they never fail me. To this day, I have almost read all of her stories and I am looking forward to reading more of them. I would just like to say my big thanks to the author for her invigorating stories of love.

Like all of the author's other stories, this is a clean read also. It speaks of how two people overcome the divide between economic status and family expectations. It speaks of following one's dream and passion in life. Like the rest of us, these two fictional characters have their own dreams. Tyler wants to build a business flipping houses. Layla wants to be able to do what she wants without feeling guilty about her family's expectations and requirements. Like all good stories, conflicts and antagonists add more spice and flair. In here, a little mystery and embezzling is added for good measure. And betrayal and disappointment packed the whole story into a neat little package. 

Like the first book, this is not a straight romance story but with a mix of a little mystery which leads to a major problem for our two main characters. How they manage and resolve this by helping each other is how this story leads to the kissing in the rain part. Yes, a happy ending. 

I give this book 4/5 umbrellas. I liked that this story or the stories in the Destined for Love series is mixed with mystery and suspense. It sort of brought the story to another level and still remain clean and fun and end with a very happy ending for the characters. If you are looking for clean, feel-good and inspirational love stories, read Lindzee Armstrong's books. You will never be disappointed. They are not too heavy but packed with enough spice here and there to give more life to the stories. 



Her hero, her idol, had fallen off his pedestal, and she'd never again view him the same.
- Lindzee Armstrong, Kiss Me in the Rain - 





No comments:

Post a Comment