Monday, November 6, 2017

The Ace of Clubs (Red Dog Conspirarcy #3) by Patricia Loofborrow | A Book Review

The Ace of Clubs by Patricia Loofborrow | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

I got this ARC from the author. I had the first book of this series in my TBR but I haven't read it. I decided to read this first and then go back to it. Honestly, I have no idea what the series is about. Somehow, my thought was this was some kind of story about families and rivalries. I have read a series which also have playing cards on the title and I thought this book would have the same theme or type of characters. True enough, my first impression was correct. This is about rivalries, families, and power.

As I said, I went on blind on this one. I would like to be surprised and I was surprised. I found this book very intriguing. It has its mystery, thrill and a host of various characters that will make you dizzy. The main character, Jacq, a very smart woman is one I really liked. I imagine her to be like Kare Warne, the first ever woman detective/spy. A woman in a world dominated by men, money and power. A world where wealthy families rule the land. She is a very strong character that I found myself rooting for. I want her to succeed and punished those guilty of crimes and treachery committed against Jacq and her friends.

Unexpectedly, I got riveted into this story. The plot and the dynamics of the characters was very intriguing and I just can't help myself wanting to know more. I expected to be confused and lost, knowing I started with the third book instead of the first. But I wasn't. This third installment contained enough information to keep me abreast of the story. It had supplied enough background data to make me understand how the story ended up in this current narrative. It seemed like I did not miss the first two books at all. 

I had a theory as to the true identity of Jacq. I think her father may be the guy in the mask not really Peedro. Hmmmm...As to the perpetrator of the bombings and killings, I am not sure yet. I think I have to read book two.

I give this 4/5 ace of clubs cards. I found myself intrigued and willing to participate in this conspiracy. I wanted as much to be part of the story. I wanted to help Jacq unravel all the secrets and the connections. I can't wait for the next book and I felt bad because I did not have the second installment of this story. I just can't afford to miss it. Thank you, Miss Loofborrow, for the ARC. This is truly an engrossing work.



I think they love you as best as they can, you Daddy especially. But sometimes other things make it so they don't know how to love you very well.
- Patricia Loofborrow, The Ace of Clubs - 



No comments:

Post a Comment