Saturday, November 19, 2016

Seized by Love: Blue Ryder (The Ryders # 1) by Melissa Foster | A Book Review



Seized by Love by Melissa Foster Book Review

I read this one about two months ago and was not able to post a review right away. More pressing reviews had to be done first. Better late than never.

Seized by Love is the first of The Ryder Family stories by Melissa Foster. This is still part of the Love in Bloom series. Though this is part of a series, this can be read alone. This is the story of Luke Ryder and Lizzie Barber.

This is not my first Melissa Foster book, I have read her other books before. I have reviewed one about two months ago. Anyone familiar with Melissa Foster's writing, can expect a steamy romance with family issues involved. Strong, passionate, successful and ripped men. Sexy and smart women who can hold their own. This book holds all of these characteristics. The story is unique on its own. 

This was a really interesting story. I was impressed as to how the author shaped Lizzie's character. Her background and what she does during the day and at night for a living. It was very uncommon. Those things give more flavor to the love story. My only concern was I can't understand why her other business can't sustain her financial needs. I do get that she has to help her sister. I just thought that Lizzie's character was so overly selfless. I was suspicious. I mean, if you don't enjoy what you're doing, then stop it. I guess, aside from the fact that it was lucrative, in some way, she was getting something out of it. I think she got some kind of high from it. She can be another version of herself which she can't be in real life. 

Blue was being a typical guy. How a guy usually reacts when he found out that his girlfriend was hiding something. He was torn between accepting Lizzie and being repulsed at the same time. In the end, he realized his love for her is far greater.

When I looked at it, it was very clever of Lizzie to come up with this scheme and she had made a good business out of it. I just wished the deal at the end went through but it didn't.

I gave this book 4/5 cup cakes. I think the secret identity of Lizzie made the story work. It was very well-crafted. 



I got this e-book copy as a freebie when I signed up for the author's newsletter.
Thank you again, Melissa Foster.



Other books by Melissa Foster:

Game of Love (The Remingtons #1)
Taken by Love (The Bradens at Trusty, Colorado #1)



No comments:

Post a Comment